Thursday, December 26, 2013

Trip to Eden Valley Foster Care Mission, Mago Oct/Nov 2013



Hi. 

On the 21st of October we left for Eden Valley Foster Care Mission (EVFCM) in Mago in a double cab pickup with 3 adults and 4 children! The adults were Janet Fournier, Dad and Mom.  The kids were Twalisa, Emily, Helena, and me.  Janet is Twalisa and Emily’s grandmother.  Helena is our friend from Kibidula.  The girls didn’t stay the whole time that we were there, though.  We had a good time together. 

A few days after arriving I heard a strange sound.  When I looked down the one-lane road that passes through EVFCM, I thought I saw one big dump truck.  “Interesting,” I thought. It passes and I hear something else behind it. When I saw it, I said, “WOW!”  It was a LARGE track-hoe! Behind it were two more dump trucks!  They were coming to quarry for rock right beside Janet’s property.  That was Friday.  Then another day there was SEVEN dump trucks!  Because she lives on a dirt road, I/We have to water the road almost ALL DAY to keep the dust down.  I really liked watching the trucks and backhoe. 

We have also been working on Janet's small hydro-electric dam.
My parents have been teaching health to the students and staff.  The class we taught was one month long.  We did two health expos with the students and had a large turnout.  The people really enjoyed
it.



Also there were some donkeys transporting fertilizer and I got to get a ride behind the fertilizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment